A comet is on course to obliterate the small town of Laburnum Creek. Renowned writer Laura Tanner visits the former health resort to interview several inhabitants who are refusing to leave. But there’s something rotten at the heart of this picturesque town. Curious characters and surreal encounters await Laura in an enigmatic journey between dreams and reality. Will Laburnum Creek cast its spell over her too? Or will she jeopardize everything to uncover the truth?
RESORT is an interactive mystery short story about repressed trauma and buried secrets. As players guide the protagonist through an intriguing tale of personal discovery, their choices will literally transform Laura’s world.
- Experience a surreal tale of mystery where dreams and reality intersect
- Explore an interactive story about repressed trauma and buried secrets
- Guide the protagonist’s choices and re-shape her perception of the world
- Enjoy a puzzle-free experience in a beautiful, stylized low-poly 3D environment
- Meet compelling and quirky characters, fully voiced by talented actors
About the company: Backwoods Entertainment (Marcus Bäumer, Matthias Nikutta, Tristan Berger)
Backwoods Entertainment is an award-winning indie game studio from Germany. We set out to make original and fun story-driven games. In 2018 we released our debut title Unforeseen Incidents, which was well received all over the world. We’re currently working on two new games: Pen & Paper Stories: Morriton Manor (in collaboration with Rocket Beans TV) and the interactive mystery Resort.